IMPORTANT UPDATE 22 October 2020
Thank you to everyone who continues to support The George - we really do appreciate this.
As a result of the Government's announcement on Monday 12 October regarding the continuing restrictions we would like to remind our guests that
With immediate effect..
- All guests must wait at the courtyard gate to be shown to their table and all guests must now wear face coverings until seated at their table. Face coverings are mandatory whenever you are not seated.
- We will take your temperature on arrival.
- Table service is in operation and guests are asked not to approach the bar.
- During food service times, we will only be able to offer food and drink to those folks who have booked a table.
- We will be closing by 10.00pm and as such last orders will now be at 9.30 pm.
- We may need to change our food service times and will keep this site updated.
- We continue to limit gatherings of people to no more than six, (both for accommodation and food).
- We now have the QR code for the NHS Track and Trace and would ask wherever possible guests scan this on arrival. We will continue to maintain a manual record for those guest who do not have the APP.
We are committed to maintaining the safety of all our guests and our team and hope that you will bear with us and we negotiate yet more changes which will we hope keep all at The George safe.
Meanwhile we do hope you will still come (albeit in smaller groups) and enjoy our new ‘The George Inn Side Out' - an outside alfresco area with 8 tables available for booking for lunch and evening meals. We ask that anyone wishing to eat at The George books in advance to avoid disappointment, as we continue to follow Government guidelines, maintaining a safe environment and limiting numbers of guests where necessary. We will be operating a table service policy for diners at these tables.
We are longer able to offer tables outside for those wishing to drink.
We have installed hand sanitiser dispensers outside the Tups and Yewes, and on the newly created gate to the outside area, as well as on the way into the bar area and would ask that everyone makes use of these, taking responsibility for their own safety whilst at The George. We are also required to collect and retain contact details for all visitors for a period of 21 days.
For the safety of all and to ensure we 'do our bit' to return to a safe and enjoyable experience at The George we trust you will understand the need for these additional requirements.
Ed Jackie Sarah Scott and George (of The George) xxxxx